Security & Privacy
A&R Engineering T/A arengineering-onlineshop.co.uk are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. A&R Engineering are a trading name of Dorman Smith Switchgear Limited.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is A&R Engineering, Valleybridge Road, Clacton on sea, Essex, CO15 4AD.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.arengineering-onlineshop.co.uk (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering or ordering on our sites, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us; we may keep a record of the correspondence.
- Details of any transactions or possible transactions or information requests that you carry out via our website.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect your IP address for security and protection reasons.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you
choose to do so and
to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in sections 736 and 736A of the UK Companies Act 1985 (as amended).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use the same way.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.